Trees are amazing, they add beauty and life to any landscape. Additionally, they provide shade, protection, and make life in the outdoors more peaceful and enjoyable. They keep the air cool and help with erosion as well as serve as windbreaks. Properly selected and planted trees can also improve the market value and curb appeal of properties.
It is obvious that planting trees around any house is a great idea, but it should be done the right way and at the right time.
Tree Planting Tips
When it comes to planting the right trees in the right place in a yard or any piece of land, there are a few tips that can help:
Choose The Right Tree
Choosing the right tree is the first step in the planting process. There a few questions that should be asked:
- How tall is the tree likely to grow?
- What is the tree’s shape?
- What kind of fruits, berries, or nuts might it drop?
- What is the type of soil where it will be planted?
- How much sun will the tree get?
Answering these questions will help you determine the right type of tree that should be planted in a particular place.
Ensure Proper Planning
Trees should not just be planted willy nilly in any spot that is available, they should be properly planned. Here are some of the initial steps that should be taken before planting any tree:
- Check for underground utilities
- Make sure to dig the planting hole to the correct width and depth
- Stake and tie the tree properly
- Remove any packaging that comes with the tree and make sure to fill the planting hole properly.
- Add some mulch around the tree to keep moisture in.
Caring For The Newly Planted Tree
A young tree is vulnerable and should be cared for properly. Make sure to keep the soil around the tree moist at all times, but do not let it get waterlogged. Also, use mulch and provide protection from animals and insects.
How To Find The Best Tree Planting Expert In Kerrville, Texas
Tree planting is a process that requires attention to detail, as such, it is best left for the professionals. If you are looking for the best tree planting services around Texas, then you should consider Rockoff Tree Solutions.
They are an ISA Certified Tree Service Company with years of experience working with homeowners and businesses around the Texas area. They provide exceptional tree care services. Get in touch today, visit their official website to get started.